This 29.7 +/- acre tract offers the buyer plenty of natural charm, but with a high percentage of usable land due to the relatively flat nature of the parcel. It's a well balanced and diverse farm, with a nice mix of woods and open pasture. Two ponds provide reliable livestock water, and one is stocked with fish for afternoon appointments with a rod and reel.
The farm features a 1,200 s.f. 1930s rental home. This 2 bedroom, 1 bath farmhouse provides rental income to the owner, but could also be repurposed as a quaint VRBO cottage or could serve as temporary housing if the buyer elects to builds a new home with utilities already in place. Not far from the house is a 660 s.f. hay or equipment barn. So whether you're needing a space for equipment or hay storage, or a garage or shop space to go with the house, this outbuilding has you covered. Paved road frontage is provided from State Highway 14. And if you've been dreaming of building your custom home, there are lots of locations perfect for it.
If hunting is your passion, this farm checks that box as well. Deer sign is abundant, and with a wide swath of timber running east to west through the parcel, evening sits in the stand should offer plenty of opportunity for putting venison in the freezer. Timbered field coves and secluded bedding areas could be combined with numerous prime food plot locations to create a top notch whitetail farm. For buyers looking for a larger acreage, there are adjacent parcels available as well. Sparta schools.Show all description
- Cooling features: Window Unit(s)
- Building Area Total: 1200 sq ft
- Architectural Style: Traditional
- Sewer: Septic Tank
- Heating: Stove
Amenities & Features
- Fencing: Barbed: 5 Wire, Partial
- Fireplace Features: Wood Burning
- WaterSource: Well - Private
- Lot Features: Wooded/Cleared Combo, Horses Allowed
- Patio And Porch Features: Covered
- Elementary School: Sparta
- HighSchool: Sparta
- Middle Or Junior School: Sparta
- Road Surface Type: Street - Asphalt
- Listing Terms: Cash, Conventional
- List Office Name: Midwest Land Group
- Compensation Disclaimer: The listing broker's offer of compensation is made only to participants of the MLS where the listing is filed.